3/11/11

Color Mixing Using Toilet Paper Rolls

 Color Mixing Supply List: 3 toilet paper rolls, red, yellow & blue paint, construction paper, 3 paper plates
 This activity was a review for Cole since they studied colors and color mixing last year at school.  I let him decide which colors to start with.  I put 2 colors of paint on each plate and let him dip his toilet paper rolls into each one and stamp it onto the paper.  The colors mixed on the paper to create a new color. 


For some reason I have no after pictures of our color mixing project.  To be honest, I have no idea where they went, because I'm pretty sure I took them.  Oh well, it was still a fun project.

Book Suggestion: White Rabbit's Color Book follows White Rabbit as he explores a bowl of yellow, blue and red paint.  This was a really fun book to read after we did our mixing activity.  I had Cole predict what was going to happen before we would turn to the next page.  It was a great way to reinforce our activity.

1 comment:

Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

I just added a link to your log cabin post in http://www.squidoo.com/reusepaperrollI'll be watching for new stuff you guys will come up with! :)))